Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Shamrock Shamrock

Awhile back, I got into making mosaic stepping stones. Unfortunately, Q got sick, the weather got hot, and life in general got in the way, so I haven't made any new stones in awhile. Pictured below is my favorite. It's made out of a Fiesta pitcher that was delivered broken. I call it my Shamrock Shamrock.

The weather is starting to cool off and I would like to start making stones again. Just as soon as I don't have this architecture history class hanging over my head.

4 comments:

ChristopherM said...

Nice! Do you use the mix you buy at a craft store, or do you just mix up some concrete from Lowe's?

kj said...

oooh, i like this. i would like to do this too.

good question by christopher.

Ms. Val said...

Christopher and kj, thank you! I used the cheap concrete from Home Depot. I don't remember what size bag it was, but I had a bitch of time getting it loaded into my car! I believe the bag was around $5.

I've never tried the stuff you buy at the craft store.

ChristopherM said...

Don't...it is really expensive for a little milk carton of it. I haven't used it yet (bought it and a mold ages ago), and I was wondering if they were the same thing.