Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ms. Val's Bargain of the Week

Awhile back, I picked up a few Homer Laughlin jumbo bowls and mugs at Dillards. I didn't need them but I thought they would be nice for those winter days when I make chili. So I bought four.

Well, I could hardly keep them clean! We were using them for soups, chili, mac and cheese, hot chocolate, and ice cream. The deep compact design (and the handle on the mugs) make these bowls easy to hold in one hand.

This weeks bargain is a jumbo bowl in the retired Fiesta color of Juniper. I picked this up on eBay for $2.95.

Runner up: Gas is down to $2.43! Woo Hoo! :-)~

2 comments:

ChristopherM said...

Craiggers loves these things. I find them to be too small, and prefer the gusto bowl. Then again, perhaps that is why I'm now the heaviest I've ever been.

Ms. Val said...

Christopher, I don't own any gusto bowls. I've seen them in the store, but have yet to buy one.

I have just gone too crazy on the bowls. I have more Fiesta serving bowls than I can ever use. I have 5 large serving bowl, 1 XL bowl, 2 Betty Bowls, 2 Hostess bowls, 1 pedestal bowl, an oval serving bowl, and a presentation bowl. I just order a heather Betty Bowl. I hope I get it...