Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday 13

1. I always chuckle at the “Bad Robot!” part at the end of Lost.

2. When we visited Grand Cayman a few years ago, our rental car was a green New Beetle. Driving on the left side of the road was weird!

3. I don’t look good in yellow clothes…just yellow cars.

4. Every year, on the first day of school, I always have a batch of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies waiting for the boys when they get home.

5. My favorite VH1 panelist is comedian Bill Dwyer. He's hilarious AND he's...very nice looking.

6. I threw a loud fit in the parking lot when my car got its first door ding.

7. It’s hot in Phoenix! I always offer cold water bottles to the pool guy, the pest control guy, delivery people, and any other workers that come to my home. The guy who delivered our washer called me 5 minutes after he left to thank me again for the water. He said, “You guys were really nice”.

8. My favorite Fiesta color is persimmon.

9. I always wanted a personalized license plate for my car. Early contenders included: FLMBYNT, BGNHNTR, and CYKOMOM. Quinton vetoed them all (we’re always swapping cars). Besides, CYKOMOM was taken. You can see the winners here.

10. My favorite male Sex and the City character is Charlotte’s lawyer-turned-husband, Harry.

11. If the ladies’ room is occupied, I will avail myself the use of the men’s room. This happened a lot when Q was in the hospital.

12. My dream job is to be a program director for an easy-listening radio station. The station would specialize in love songs and feel-good ballads from the 70s and 80s. Sales of Zoloft, Lexapro, and the like will go down QUICK!

13. I will not wear t-shirts. Every top I own either has long sleeves or NO sleeves.

7 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Val, I thought Lilac was your favorite Fiesta color.

Very nice gesture with the cookies for the boys!

I suppose a redhead would clash with canary yellow.

kj said...

fun informative post, val. the cookies will create a lasting memories for your family. we've done that with napkins: always buy special ones for holidays.

re harry: i felt that he turned into a bit of a one demensional wimp at the end. i'd love to hear how you see it. my favorite character is miranda. i just love her kindness and confusion under her cynicism and competence.

and, aha, you are a lost fan. me too. i've heard the six episodes this fall will be suprising (so what else is new on that show?). i am disenchanted with michael's decisions. i wonder how walt will feel about what his father has done.

etc etc etc

Ms. Val said...

Ces, I do love lilac. It's a great color, but I only mention it so much because I got most of my lilac through some great ebay bargains. Same with sapphire. Around Chirstmastime, I got a "blue" disk pitcher $15.

I like persimmon because it goes with absolutely everything. It fits in equally well with pastels and brights. And along with sunflower, persimmon can make the darks--especially plum and cobalt--really pop.

Ms. Val said...

kj, Miranda is my favorite character, too. Harry is my favorite male character. he may be a little goofy, but I just think he and Charlotte are so sweet together.

As far as Lost, I'm still trying to get into that show. My sister and BIL got Q the first season DVD to watch during his recovery. It's a good show, but it skips around so much from back story to real time that I'm finding it hard to follow.

I'll catch up at some point. Q is very good and patient about explaining and re-explaining things to me.

Maria said...

love your Thursday 13 logo! And, that's really nice of you to offer water to the people who goes to your house...

promise me, that when i go deliver something at your doorstep, you'd give me not just water but some of those chocolate chip cookies, too, ok?

:)

PS: i've been busy... and managed to read some of the blogs but didn't get to comment so let me just say - your piss list was cool!

Ms. Val said...

Maria, if you stop by, you'll definately get water. Cookies too, but only if I have them ready. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for Oreos or Thin Mints form the Girl Scouts.

As for the logo, I change it every week. The car one is my husband's favorite--even more than last week's Diamondback's jersey.

Maria said...

oreos or thin mints are fine... although, i'd much prefer (if it's no trouble) a home baked cookie from Ms. Val! :)

i like cars, too! (it's the tomboy in m.e.) so am with your hubby on this one...