Monday, August 28, 2006

The Song List


Best Duet: “You Don’t Have To Be a Star Baby to Be In My Show”, Billy Davis & Marilyn McCoo

Best Disco Song: “Romeo and Juliet” by Love ‘n’ Kisses

Best KISS Song: “Strutter”

Best One Hit Wonder: “Escape (the Pina Colada Song)” by Rupert Holmes

Best Power Ballad: “Amanda” by Boston

Best Hippie Song: “The Rain, the Park, and Other Things” by the Cowsills

Best TV Theme Song: Theme from “Battlestar Galactica” (the old one)

Best Instrumental: “Unfinished Business” by the Blackbyrds

Best Story Song: “Ode to Billy Joe” by Bobbie Gentry

Best Sing-along Song: “Do You Know the Way to San Jose” by Dionne Warwick

Best Song for Gettin’ Busy: “Baby, Come to Me” by Patti Austin and James Ingram

Best Driving Song: "Runnin' With The Wind" by Eddie Rabbit

Best Solo by a Former Beatle: “All Those Years Ago” by George Harrison

Best Country Song: “Cherokee Fiddle” by Johnny Lee

Best 80s Song: “Union of the Snake” by Duran Duran

Best Motown Song: “Sir Duke” by Stevie Wonder

Best Song I Couldn’t Find on iTunes so I Had To Buy an Entire CD: “Pilot of the Airwaves” by Charlie Dore

Best Song for a Good Cry: “Wildfire” by Michael Martin Murphey

Best Song for Curing Headaches: "Fly Away" by John Denver

Best Hair Metal Song: “The Zoo” by the Scorpions

Best Song that’s No Longer on the Radio: “Mack the Knife” by Bobby Darin

Best Song for Relaxing: “Castles in the Air” by Don McLean

Best Song from a James Bond Movie: “All Time High” by Rita Coolidge

3 comments:

ChristopherM said...

Rita Coolidge?! As my friend Sister Mary Cliff would say, "Girl, you crazy! You done lost your mind!" She is the Christopher Cross of Bond themes! With themes from Tom Jones, Tina Turner, Gladys Knight (my personal fave from "License To Kill"), and the legendary Miss Shirley Bassey, you pick RITA COOLIDGE?!

Oh lawd, I have to sit down for a minute.

Ms. Val said...

Christopher, I'm not going to apologize for this one! I have never been accused of having good taste in music--a fact that I am quite proud of for some reason. Being a non-conformist can be fun!

Anyway, for what it's worth, Carly Simon ("The Spy Who Loved Me") came in a very close second. I also liked "For Your Eyes Only".

ChristopherM said...

I have a Liza Minnelli disco video on my blog at the moment, my darlin'...I have room to ask for apologies from no one!