Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mood Fiesta

Friday was the first time I used my tangerine square baker to make a batch of brownies. When I pulled them out of the oven, I noticed the color didn't look right. It looked a lot like persimmon. So I pulled out my room-temperature tangerine Betty Bowl to compare.


Sure enough, the heat does effect the color of Fiesta. I had heard of this happening with other colors. Scarlet comes out looking cinnabar. Cobalt and plum look almost black. I have another baker in shamrock, whose color doesn't seem to be affected by extreme temperatures.

Incidentally, the tangerine baker returned to its normal color once it cooled off. And the brownies were delicious.

5 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Wow, what a change. My pie bakers never looked the same. The plum looks cloudy. Yum yum. I don't have a baker.

Ms. Val said...

Ces, you should get a square baker. They're great for lasagnas, casseroles, and of course, brownies. There might even be a few left at Betty Crocker.

One night while were making enchiladas, we discovered that you could get 3 in a baker. That's when I decided to buy another one. Now, I wish HLC would make one in a 9x13 size.

Ces Adorio said...

I agree. There are not enough large Fiesta pieces. I think a standard 9x13 would sell more. I could go for even larger platters. Imagine a trukey platter? That would be grand!

Ms. Val said...

A turkey platter would be great, Ces, but crossing an electric knife with Fiesta glaze would not be a good thing.

Ces Adorio said...

No knife absolutely! You will have to slice the turkey elsewhere and use the platter for a serving dish. I would probably use the platter for every dinner party. I can think of a lot of dishes including finger foods to serve on the platter.