Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Holy Carafe!

It took a long time. I was outbid on MANY eBay auctions. I dropped the ball on a few good priced "buy-it-nows". But, thanks to a "second-chance offer" on eBay, I finally have a Fiesta Sapphire Carafe of my very own.



I had been hinting to Quinton that I wanted a Sapphire Carafe. I would leave my Fiesta book open to a page with the carafe pictured. But even Q would admit that he doesn't know sapphire from cobalt from periwinkle. It's all blue to him, and he didn't want to disappoint me by getting me the wrong color carafe. So he suggested that I find a sapphire one and buy it for myself.

The carafe is my favorite Fiesta shape. I own two others in Cinnabar and Persimmon, but the Sapphire one is my favorite.

Here's the carafe on display in the dining room. It sits nestled among the chartreuse Millennium III vase, persimmon sauce boat, lilac disk pitcher, a Royalty Vase in Rose, and a vintage yellow sugar bowl from my good friend, Wendy. This picture is screaming for a piece of Juniper.



2 comments:

RC said...

i gotta admit, it's a pretty fun shape!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Ces Adorio said...

Hi Val,
A quick note. I really love this group. I will need to read the rest of your blog when I get back.