Friday, May 05, 2006

PIG TOUR!!!!!!!


Last night, we had our first Pig Tour since Quinton's been home. A Pig Tour occurs when we take all the ice cream in the freezer, sauces, whipped cream, and every topping known to man and gather around the table for ice cream sundaes. This has become one of the best-loved traditions in our family.

We usually have a Pig Tour every month or so. It's always completely unplanned. The boys don't know it'a about to happen until I go to the bottom of the stairs and scream "PIG TOUR" at the top of my lungs. I then hear what sounds like a cattle stampede as the boys tear down the stairs and head to the table.

Sometimes, Kyle might ask me "Mom, can we have Pig Tour tonight?" I always tell him no because that would take away the spontaneity of the whole thing. Pig Tour always has to be a surprise.

Last night's menu choices consisted of Chip 'n' Mint, vanilla, and Blue Bunny's Peanut Butter Panic ice cream. Sauces were strawberry, chocolate, and caramel Magic Shell. Toppings were crushed sugar cone, crushed Oreos, nut topping, green and red sprinkles, and chocolate jimmies. All of it was topped off with very generous helpings of whipped cream.

6 comments:

ChristopherM said...

Ummm, I know we're the same age and all, but would you adopt me?! I'd throw myself a Pig Tour, but a) I'm doing this stupid Sugar Busters diet, and b) I'm fairly sure it isn't as much fun if Mom doesn't spring it on you as a surprise.

Ms. Val said...

Sure, as long as you don't mind moving into the pink room. It's the only one that's left unclaimed. Also, you'll always have to fight Kyle for "shotgun"!!!

Although, I'm not so sure I'm ready to be grandma to your adopted Whitney. My stocking stuffers tend to run the gambit of chocolate coins, Pokemon cards, and paperback books. Not crack vials, roach clips, and baggies.

Ces Adorio said...

Val, this is a fantastic tradition. You sure know how to handle those boys!!! Did Q join the pig tour?

Ms. Val said...

Well, sort of. I set a place for him but he was too tired really participate. He just sat at the table and watched us make pigs of ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Val


LOve this idea, at first I thought you may have served Pork with the ice cream. LOL

Ms. Val said...

Only when I was pregnant, Barry! Only when I was pregnant....