Thursday, April 27, 2006

Quinton is HOME!!!!!

Yes, you heard right. Quinton is back home with his family, where he belongs. He has no drains attached. No tubes. No PICC line. He does have dressing on his drain site wounds that will need to be cleaned and tended to. Also, he still has staples on the surgical incision that will be removed when the doctor deems them ready.

But--to hear Quinton say it--the best part is no more poking...at least until his next appointment for lab tests. He said that every morning around 4:30, a nurse would come in and poke him to draw blood. He's looking forward to being able to sleep through the night without interruption. I haven't yet told him about a couple of neighborhood cats that have been having loud fights around 11:30 every night.

Unlike his previous homecomings, Quinton feels more energetic this time. He's sitting on the couch instead of laying down. In fact, he wants me to hurry up and finish blogging so we can go to the grocery store.

Quinton also proposed the idea of us taking the boys and going out for dinner to celebrate his being home. I, for one can't wait. We have a lot of lost family time to make up.

3 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Wow! This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. I smiled when I read that Q was in a hurry to go to the grocery store. It has been a long ordeal for all of you. I wish Q a great recovery. Val, I have read your updates and read your posts at MG. You have been most wonderful, caring and level headed woman. You did not even lose your sense of humor. People who did not know this was happening may just have thought that you are naturally happy and good-natured person. How people react when they are under stress says a lot about them and all I can say is you are great! Yes, spend lots of time together. Love the Southpark avatars.

Ms. Val said...

You have been most wonderful, caring and level headed woman. You did not even lose your sense of humor. People who did not know this was happening may just have thought that you are naturally happy and good-natured person. How people react when they are under stress says a lot about them and all I can say is you are great!

Oh, Ces...the things you don't know. The meltdowns...the screaming...the cussing...the sloppy, crying fits with my head buried in a sofa pillow. My sister was privy to lots of whiny, blubbering phone calls from me.

But it could have been worse, had it not been for the Lexapro!

Thank you for your kind words.

Ces Adorio said...

Yes. It would have been abnormal if you did not have those in private. However, throughout my career I have met and known people who carry their burden and spread it to everybody else by being miserable, difficult and downright intolerable, even to strangers. It's hard to pray for them.